Jeez, what a fucking couple of weeks. Here’s a run down, not necessarily related to the pictures.
I didn’t have plans anyway.
1. I am still recovering from my last carpal tunnel surgery; it was so much more painful than the first one. The first (right hand) healed really quickly but even after a month the skin on my left hand is red and super sensitive. It’s not raw or anything, but it hurts to the touch. It’s truly just the surface and scarring area; the surgery part is fine and I no longer have pain. Both hands can’t support serious weight on the palms, so holding pots and pans can be really painful. Thankfully, I’m taking a 37 year break from push-ups so I’m sure I’ll be fine soon.
That fucking face! I am dying.
2. I have a fair amount of skin coloring and have always had various freckles. I categorize them as freckles, not moles as they are small, flat and symmetrical. Fact: when I was a kid, my family used to tell me that freckles were fly poop :( Anyway, I discovered an odd marking on the back of my right leg, right below my calf muscle. I went to the dermatologist and they did a shave biopsy. It bled forever and it hurts like hell. As far as I know, there is no abnormality (cancer), but that dermatologist is the kind that doesn’t contact you unless there’s something wrong. I don’t know if it’s because I’m a wimp or if it’s just because the skin is being constantly pulled if I’m walking or what. Hurrrrrts.
I really should call because leave it to my lovely luck that I’ve been dead for a week and the doctor just forgot about me.
3. I finally went to an ENT (ear, nose, and throat doctor) to check out my ridiculous nose bleeds. At the particular office I went to, I had to see the Physicians Assistant who then proceeded to do all the nose things that aliens do. She also proceeded to cauterize two blood vessels in my nose. You can watch the procedure here (but don’t because it is as bad as you might think); I had cauterization with silver nitrate. She noted that she couldn’t see any spots that appeared to have bled recently so she literally cauterized the two places she thought might be suspicious. The PA neglected to tell me that it was going to hurt like fucking hell and I should have just been happy with bleeding to death.
The general consensus is that it feels like you’ve had your nose broken and while I’ve never had my nose broken, it did feel like I was dying. I honestly thought I was going to have to go to the hospital because I didn’t think this was normal.
I’m 40% nose bleeds.
4. My nose ran non-stop. Not like, sniffles, but shit was streaming out of my face. I know I’m painting a delightful picture here. I was not expecting that since again, it was not mentioned. What the PA did let me know is to call the office immediately if I had a nosebleed so that I could come in and have them re-cauterize any bleeding areas. If I waited then they wouldn’t be able to tell where I bled (like that day, for instance). Two days after the cauterization my nose started bleeding again. As per her instruction, I called the office to try to come in on a Friday around noon.
“There are no providers in the office today; you will have to wait until Monday.” The receptionist sounded like I offended her and her whole family by trying to explain that this is what the PA told me to do. Ugh, fuck all this shit. I’ll just bleed to death.
I hope to achieve this line of thinking some day.
5. My windows are still not done. The windows that are paid for and installed two months ago are still wrong and need to be replaced. I could write a whole post about this aggravation and I’m tempted because I want the whole world to know how fucking stupid this has been. But I really want to wait until the whole ordeal is over to see how events unfold.
Then I’ll bitch about it.