HI. I really want to backdate this entry, but what’s the fun in that?
Unrelated: It’s past midnight right now and I’m watching the Cotton Bowl and screaming at the TV. It’s a serious butt-clencher, so bear with me.
I have so much to talk about so I don’t even know where to start. First, I’ve done the unthinkable:
I have been Diet Coke free for a month.
I know, I can barely believe it either. I realized that as I’ve aged (horribly) that I am more sensitive to medicines and drugs. And since I was one step away from mainlining Diet Coke it mildly affected my sleeping pattern. Apparently being tired all the time isn’t normal. So, I’m still tired all the time, but now it’s just because I’m lazy and not because I’ve been up all night. Baby steps.
Secondly, I’ve been playing WoW again and having a great time. I finally got Nagrand Slam (months ago) which I hadn’t been able to do in all of my previous incarnations.
It’s the little, insignificant things in my imaginary life that make me happy. Imaginary awards are where it’s at.
The holidays were a crap shoot but I made a literal (not literal) ton of food.
HOLY SHIT THAT TURNOVER AND TOUCH DOWN WITH 55 SECONDS LEFT ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I had an out of town guest! Crazy pants. The kids had a great Christmas. Here are my favorite pictures:
Every girl wants a cold mist humidifier!
The enthusiasm for this set of bakeware is electric!
Those boxes may or may not have had girly Legos and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle figures. Maybe next year they’ll both have matured enough to appreciate the gift of self sufficient baking and well hydrated sinuses.
I have so much more to discuss, but it will have to wait. Here’s the plan for this year:
1. Stay married. 2013 was a year wrought with bullshit on all sides. It’s complicated and dumb and there were lawyers and things. But, after everything, it boils down to being deliberate with actions and choices.
2. Don’t kill myself. Or, more specifically, to be more accepting of my own mental illness. I’ve had serious struggles with depression throughout my life (nature and nurture, yay) and it’s just come to a point in my life where I refuse to have terror discussing it.
3. Donate my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths
4. Buy more track pants. Because I can’t bring myself to wear sweat pants out in public and track pants are still bad but also comfy.
5. Quit buying souvenir tee shirts. At least buy a fucking polo or hooded sweatshirt. Pleb.
6. Have “dinner” clothes. Jeans and a tee shirt are not acceptable for all restaurants.
7. Organize my life, at least a little bit. I have had this book for so many years and just realized that the cover showed ‘ducks in a row’. I’m slowwwwwww.
8. Own more footwear than flip flops and men’s tennis shoes. Not uncomfortable shoes, mind you, but maybe nothing orthopedic.
9. Manicure. Not just because I don’t want to look like a vagrant, but also because I read somewhere, sometime, in a land far, far away that painting your fingernails is important for your mental well being. There are few other activities where you have to simply sit and wait.
10. Sky Scarf I’m going to call it a Skarf.
11. Finish Christmas stockings
12. Plan Christmas crafts for 2014, finish by October 31
13. Birthday socks for the kids done ON TIME for once.
14. New hats and scarves for the kids by Thanksgiving
15. Quilt all the things!
16. Clean up my fucking craft room for once
17. Recreate and chart the only two hand made things I have left from my Grandmother
18. Argyle something
19. Fix my knee either by doctor or amputation
20. Stay caffeine free
21. Eat fruit and yogurt every day. This is nice…I ate a huge plate of pizza rolls the other day
22. Start tracking my water intake and drink enough plain water a day to pass the pee test
23. Wake up at 7 AM to have an hour to myself before the kids want something
24. Journal every day, even if it’s just one word
25. Learn to meditate without falling asleep
26. Replace master bath sink faucets by myself.
27. Replace shower door.
28. Paint everything in the bathroom
29. Seal off jets in tub to make a soaking tub.
30. Blog more regularly, multiple times a week.
31. Watch more movies.
32. Get the ice maker fixed
33. Comment more on blogs I like. I did this tonight and I got a notice that it went directly to spam. And then I crawled back into my creeper hole in the ground.
34. Accept my weird and creepy nature. Specifically, I’m just myself. I’d rather say something overly nice and risk being weird and creepy to have the slim chance of making someone happy.
35. Give people the benefit of the doubt when they say something nice to me. As opposed to immediately thinking they’re making fun of me.
Which they usually are. Which I’m sure they’re not.
I feel like I should add more to this; as usual I’ll probably add more later and give myself extra credit.
I need extra credit on my own resolution list.
Happy New Year!