Everything has happened, so let’s have a photo dump:
1. Halloween happened and it was awesome.
Ghost Bride and Harry Potter
Moaning Myrtle married Harry Potter? Nah. I asked Robin what her back story was and she said her father murdered her right before she got married. What the fuck, kid.
My BABY in a WEDDING DRESS.
Her dress is a Cheapos Thrift find for either $5 or $10. I can’t remember now. I believe it’s a size 4, so lots of alterations. I appreciate how the kids seem to be taking turns wanting homemade vs. store bought costumes which makes me very grateful. My wrists are 99% now and I can do things. Without pain, even!
Now I have TWO strong hands.
2. Joshua became a Cobra Kai.
Serious kid is serious.
Okay, maybe not. His uniform has sleeves, so he can’t be Cobra Kai. Yet. He joined the intermediate black belt training, tested for his second level brown belt (red is next!) and started weapons training.
I’m particularly proud of how dedicated he is. $200 of his own money went to paying for gear (weapons, bag, pads). He is getting $25 a month back from Mom and Dad, but he made the initial investment. He’s more mature and responsible than I am.
3. There was an election of some sort which I deem completely unnecessary for discussion here.
Regardless of which side, your vote didn’t matter.
4. Robin started with a new violin teacher. She’s also now in a 1/4 size violin. She also had a birthday and it was all good.
“hair crayons” are exactly what they sound like.
5. Christmas! I honestly don’t have any good pictures of the kids from Christmas because I’m an asshole I guess. But I have the next best thing:
Santa is shorter in person.
His elves are adorable jerks, though.
It has a HOOD!
He couldn’t care less that is has a hood.
6. We had a blizzard and it was horrifying.
Behold the wrath of Mother Nature!
In case I didn’t feel crazy enough, I’ve decided to do ChÜberlist 2017 – The Year of the Slug. It’s already a couple of weeks late so I’m off to a great start.
I’m getting ready, 2017. Time to get serious.