This post has no pictures because I’m at work and working. And cold. I’m cold and at work. So here is my February Update:
1.Take vitamins and calcium supplements daily. In progress; taking vitamins daily and I’ll incorporate other supplements after I get the okay from the doctors.
2. Invest in a Sonic Care toothbrush. Done.
3. Drink at least one glass of water when I wake up, at dinner and when I go to bed.
4. Use a calendar to stay on a strict skin regiment. In progress and going quite nicely.
5. Get my first tattoo before I turn 30. Removed from list.
6. See endocrinologist by 04/01. Done.
7. Hire a babysitter twice a month. Removed from list.
8. Schedule 5 hours into my week for uninterrupted “me time”.
9. Keep hand lotion where I actually need it. In progress and doing fine. I need to put some in the kitchen from when I’m working in there.
10. Schedule 30 minutes of real exercise into my morning before work. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL *Ahem* Removed from the list.
11. Stop using the word douchebag as a descriptive object. Ex.: He is a total douchebag. In progress. I used the word douchebag 7 times in January but zero times so far in February. Considering I used that word probably 7 times a day, I think I’m making progress.
12. Take a foreign language class.
13. Eat more ginger.
14. Learn more about natural antioxidants and incorporate 3 new foods into the family’s meal plan.
15. Make and freeze cookie dough.
16. Be brave and go to a dentist. Done.
17. Weigh 15 lbs less than my driver’s license weight.
18. Get fitted for a bra and buy 7 new, properly fitted bras.
19. Incorporate Tim Gunn’s Ten Essential Wardrobe Elements into my closet and actually wear them: basic black dress, trench coat, dress pants, classic shirt, jeans, skirt, any occasion top, day dress, jacket, sweatsuit alternative.
20. Find a tailor and have three pieces of ill fitting clothes fitted.
21. Get pregnant before the end of the year. Done.
22. Have gutters cleaned out on time.
23. Decorate house for Christmas during Thanksgiving weekend (both trees) and take down decorations by New Year’s Day. Done
24. Get an estimate for flooring replacement and stair railing replacement.
25. Plant trees along property line.
26. Spend 10 minutes a night doing a clean sweep.
27. Finish painting and decorating Josh’s bathroom. Done.
28. Repaint Josh’s bedroom and ceiling
29. Make themed artwork for Josh’s bedroom.
30. Repaint attic room.
31. Remodel closet in attic room for business storage.
32. Buy two twin beds for attic room.
33. Paint master bedroom and bath and ceilings.
34. Install new ceiling fan in master bedroom.
35. Buy an actual dresser made of wood for my bedroom.
36. Have foyer and foyer ceiling painted.
37. Dispose of rolled up carpet in garage.
38. Have new garage door opener installed or find a 20 year old replacement remote.
39. Install overhead storage racks in garage.
40. Move electrical receptacles in laundry room to correct wall.
41. Remove wire shelves from laundry room.
42. Patch fake laundry chute opening in laundry room ceiling.
43. Remove half wall in laundry room.
44. Paint walls and ceiling in laundry room.
45. Remove all plants from around deck.
46. Start deck tear out.
47. Add 100 recipes to my recipe binder.
48. Convert all finances to QB.
49. Reduce overall credit card debt by 10K. In progress. We have already done about 13K but obviously that’s a fluke. So we’re still shooing for an additional 10K.
50. Compare and analyze 2007 vs. 2008 credit card spending by 01/31/09.
51. Have a quarterly earnings review and pay quarterly estimated taxes ON TIME for new business.
52. Save any real estate bonuses to pay 2008 tax bill due in October 2009. Delayed. I’m going to wait and see what my actual tax bill is first.
53. Keep up with regular car maintenance (oil changes, tire rotations, etc).
54. Keep a bag for trash in the car. In progress. I’m getting better. Really.
55. Vacuum my car once a week.FAIL. I’ve failed 5 times this year so far. I’ll keep trying, though. My car is a pit.
56. Upgrade to a new 10mp digital camera.
57. Buy full Photoshop suite and learn photo editing.
58. Supplement income with real estate photography.
59. Work up a business plan for choo bee crafty. Removed from the list/
60. Keep all receipts and track all expenses (business and household). FAIL. It’s February already and not a receipt to be found.
61. File bills once a month.
62. Move computer back into downstairs office.
63. Buy a laptop for bedroom.
64. Move sewing table down to den. I need to move it somewhere, but I don’t think the den anymore.
65. Start gift and card log for home and office.
66. Introduce client tracking/follow up system for HRN/ACA/ADA.
67. Keep a 9AM to 4 PM work schedule during off season. In progress.
68. Donate $400 in cash donations to charity. Removed from the list.
69. Make better use of discount stores and clearance sales (Tuesday Morning/TJ Maxx/Marshalls, etc.) to shop for occasions in advance. Removed from the list.
70. Incorporate a better coupon tracking system. In progress. It’s working so far, so hopefully it will stay that way.
71. Cook at least three nights a week. In progress. I’m not cooking three nights a week, but we eat at home every night so that’s a start!
72. Shop no more than three times per week and do not deviate from shopping list.
73. Start shopping at Aldi’s. I started, but it’s a pain. It’s out of the way and they don’t open until 11 AM on Sundays, which is WAY later than I like to shop. I can save money there though, so I will need to start making ‘stock up’ trips.
74. Plan meals so food doesn’t spoil/expire/get wasted.
75. Plan and save for St. Louis vacation in May. Removed from the list.
76. Back up all hard drives.
77. Organize saved photos.
78. Update Josh’s photo albums.
79. Finish scanning in old family photos.
80. Finish christening blanket by 02/01. FAIL; still considering whether to finish or not.
81. Learn continental knitting.
82. Knit three pairs of socks.
83. Knit a sweater of some sort (sweater vest okay).
84. Knit a pirate themed item.
85. Knit 6 more scarves to complete my week of scarves
86. Learn how to knit mittens and gloves.
87. 50% of folk shawl done.
88. 50% Nicky Epstein afghan done.
89. 25% of underwear quilt done.
90. 25% of miter square blanket done. In progress; 5 squares done, need 25 squares to meet 25% goal.
91. Knit Josh at least 3 hats.
92. Incorporate fair isle into three projects..
93. Track yarn stash by yardage, weight and fiber for quick reference.
94. Deplete total yarn stash by 50% before buying any new yarn. Stash to be totaled after Christmas. Commissioned items do not count as stash. In progress. I keep finding yarn!
95. Design and knit anime dk beanie that I’ve been talking about for a hundred years.
96. Finish cross stitch Christmas ornaments.
97. Finish felted stockings.
98. Build proper yarn storage.
99. Make a circular knitting needle organizer.
100. Start project list to know how much/what kind of yarn I need to buy.
101. Use any yarn scraps to build up supply of knitted ornaments for sale.
102. Knit a rug. In progress
103. Knit Halloween dishcloths for the kitchen.
Old Total: 103
In progress: 11
New Total: 87
I will add more items pretty soon, but I think I did okay for my first month.